Jim McConnaughhay concentrates his practice in workers' compensation and administrative law. A Florida Board Certified workers' compensation lawyer, Jim has actively practiced since his admission to the Florida Bar in 1969. His clients include national insurers as well as employers of every size. His administrative law experience primarily deals with the Florida Division of Workers' Compensation and the Office of Insurance Regulation including but not limited to issues relating to rule promulgation, excess profits determinations, and insurance company regulatory activities.
Jim was named one of Florida Trend's Florida Legal Elite 2004 for the area of Workers' Compensation.
- Chairman, Florida Workers' Compensation Institute, Inc.
- Chairman, National Annual Education Conference in Workers' Compensation
- Chairman, Florida Safety and Health Institute
- Chairman, Safety and Health Conference
- Chairman, Advisory Board of the National Association of Workers' Compensation Judiciary
- Member, Tallahassee Bar Association
- Member, "The Best Lawyers in America" and "SuperLawyers"
- Member, Editorial Board of The Florida Underwriter
- Fellow, College of Workers' Compensation Lawyers
- Past Chairman, Grievance Committee of the Second Judicial Circuit
- Past Chairman, Florida Bar Executive Council on Workers' Compensation
- Past Member, Governor's Task Force on Compensation
- Past Member, Defense Research Institute (DRI)
- Past Member, State Advisory Board for the Special Disability Trust Fund and Florida Workers' Compensation Insurance Plan (Assigned Risk Pool)
- Past Member, Workers' Compensation Certification Committee (Florida Bar)
- Past Member, Judicial Nominating Commission (Florida Workers' Compensation)
- Past Member, Editorial Board of the Workers' Compensation Reporter
Jim has authored "Defending Workers' Compensation Cases" for the Florida Bar Continuing Legal Education Handbook and the annually updated Florida Workers' Compensation Desk Manual. He was the author of the 1989 Governor's Task Force Report on Workers' Compensation and the 1990 Oversight Board Report. Served as consultant for the 2003 systemic changes in the Florida Workers' Compensation Law. He has been an Adjunct Professor of Workers' Compensation Law for the Florida State University College of Law.
- The Florida Bar
- Board of Legal Specialization, Certified in Workers' Compensation
- Florida State University, J.D., 1969
- Florida State University, B.A., 1966