Stephanie Roman Caban concentrates her practice in the areas of insurance defense, civil liability defense, employment law, and other business-related matters. Stephanie handles trial and appellate practice for her clients, including national insurance companies, self-insureds, professional associations, and state agencies. She enjoys analyzing and developing defense strategies to tackle complex procedural and evidentiary issues.
Prior to joining the ranks of McConnaughhay, Coonrod, Pope, Weaver and Stern, P.A., Stephanie was a judicial extern for the Honorable Chief Judge Lori S. Rowe at the First District Court of Appeal and had handled complex-litigation appeals at a local boutique firm. During law school, she also developed an expertise in government law while serving as a law clerk at a firm representing community development districts and local government associations. Stephanie has also aided individuals and businesses navigate our nation's complex immigration laws.
Prior to law school and throughout college, Stephanie worked in the retail and service industry where she gained valuable skills and insights impacting her law practice even today. She is fluent in Spanish.
- Human Trafficking in the Age of the New Sharing Economy: Why Victims Should be Able to Pursue Civil Remedies Against Airbnb Through the Traditional Tort Framework, 30 J. Transnat'l L. & Pol'y 181 (2020-2020).
- Private Barrister at the First District Appellate American Inn of Court.
- William H. Stafford Inn of Court (Alumni).
- The Florida Bar
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- Florida State University College of Law, J.D., Cum Laude, Dean's List, Book Awards in Human Trafficking, Immigration and Farmworker Project and Judicial Externship, 2021
- University of Central Florida, Political Science, Deans List, B.A., 2016