Danielle Hixon focuses her practice in the area of workers’ compensation defense and related matters. She assists employers and carriers throughout the claim process, from investigating the work place accident to defending litigated issues, responding to requests for different forms of benefits, and guiding the client towards successful claim resolution. Danielle represents local and regional employers and national insurers, providing the right counsel for each to effectively protect our clients.
Danielle worked for the State of Florida, Public Defender’s Offices in the 12th and 16th Judicial Circuits. During her employment, she gained extensive litigation experience. She sat First and Second-chair at many Misdemeanor and Felony criminal trials. She conducted extensive depositions and drafted various substantive motions.
- Customer Service Excellence Award, Las Vegas Chamber of Commerce, 2008
- Outstanding Student Award, for Mediation, William S. Boyd School of Law, University of Nevada, Las Vegas, 2011
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award, William S. Boyd School of Law, University of Nevada, Las Vegas, 2012
- Worker’s Compensation Section of the Florida Bar
- Sarasota County Bar Association
- The Florida Bar
- William S. Boyd School of Law at the University of Nevada Las Vegas, J.D., 2013
- University of Phoenix, Business Administration, B.S., 2008