Laura Buck is a Partner in the Gainesville office of McConnaughhay, Coonrod, Pope, Weaver & Stern P.A. She concentrates her practice on defending against workers’ compensation claims. She has represented various employers and insurance carriers in the area of workers’ compensation defense for over a decade. Prior to joining the McConnaughhay firm in 2011, Laura worked for a defense firm in South Florida. She has written and assisted with numerous appellate cases, and has presented Oral Argument before the Florida First District Court of Appeal. She is a graduate of Florida State University, where she earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in history, and she completed law school at St. Thomas University School of Law.
Laura prepares the case law summaries in the annually updated Florida Workers’ Compensation Reference Manual. She is approved by the Florida Department of Financial Services as an instructor in the field of workers’ compensation, and frequently lectures on a wide variety of topics at seminars that provide continuing education credits.
Outside of her legal career, Laura is an active volunteer with the Junior League of Gainesville, and at her children’s school, where she runs the Morning Mile program.
- Eighth Judicial Circuit Bar Association
- Member, Workers’ Compensation Section, The Florida Bar
- The Florida Bar, 2008
- St. Thomas University School of Law, J.D., 2008
- St. Thomas Law Review, Senior Articles Editor
- Laura A. Buck, Note, Regulating Human Tissue Banks, 20 St. Thomas L. Rev. 121 (2007)
- Florida State University, B.A., cum laude, 2005