Melissa Volk practices in the areas of workers' compensation and insurance defense as well as civil liability defense. By peer review, she has been given the rating of “AV Preeminent,” the highest rating possible through Martindale-Hubbell. Her clients include large national insurance companies, governmental bodies, construction companies and general contractors, self-insureds, statewide servicing agents, and large national to small local employers. She previously worked as an Assistant State Attorney for the 8th Judicial Circuit where she gathered large amounts of litigation and trial experience. Melissa has also practiced in the areas of civil and construction litigation, real estate, and estate planning. Melissa frequently lectures at seminars throughout the State and Country on many complex workers' compensation topics.
- Sarasota County Bar Association
- Florida Association of Women Lawyers, Sarasota Chapter
- Sarasota Bradenton Claims Association
- State Attorney's Office, 8th Judicial Circuit, 2000-2001
- The Florida Bar
- University of Florida College of Law, J.D., 2001
- University of Florida, B.A., with honors, 1998