Employment Guidance and Litigation
McConnaughhay Conrood has a dynamic and experienced employment practices group that is dedicated to both preventative action and defense litigation. We represent a broad spectrum of clients, including prominent business leaders; government agencies and nonprofit organizations; and local, national, and international companies. Our employment practices group has a proven track record of success in helping employers address a variety of management-oriented workplace legal issues, including personnel policies and procedures development, workplace dispute resolution practices, and harassment and discrimination training. Some of the services that we offer our employer clients include:
- Strong, efficient defense of litigated claims to eliminate or minimize exposure
- Organizing factual investigations, particularly in situations where litigation is anticipated, to preserve testimony and evidence favorable to our clients
- Counseling employers on how to properly respond to discrimination, harassment and other related complaints from employees, and demonstrating effective steps for minimizing the possibility of future litigation
- Conducting employee and manager training sessions related to workplace behavior, hiring and termination, discrimination, and harassment
- Designing employment policies and handbooks
In today's changing economic climate, administrative and judicial litigation is often unavoidable. When that occurs, we work closely with our clients to effectively resolve matters as quickly and efficiently as possible. When such resolution is not feasible, we stand ready to litigate a matter to its conclusion. We defend employers in all types of labor and employment litigation matters, including: state and federal discrimination and harassment claims, administrative proceedings before the EEOC and FCHR, wage and hour claims, Family and Medical Leave Act claims, whistleblower claims, and unemployment compensation claims.
Our strong presence throughout Florida provides a distinct advantage to our employer clients. We are familiar with the local environment and are well-positioned to advise employers on the wide variety of issues impacting the employment relationship. Moreover, with offices strategically located throughout the state, we are able to intervene quickly anywhere an issue might arise.